Our Towns

The city of Shepparton sits at the heart of Greater Shepparton, surrounded by many wonderful towns and communities that contribute to the region's diversity and culture.

Our Location

The Goulburn River forms the backbone and lifeblood of the region, winding its way through beautiful countryside, native forests and fertile farmlands, bringing life to the rich agricultural landscape which has made the area renowned as Australia’s foodbowl. This vibrant and dynamic region is the heart and soul of Australia’s fruit and dairy processing industries.

Greater Shepparton is the fifth-largest regional centre in Victoria extending over 2,421 square kilometres.

Our region’s population is almost evenly split between the main urban centres of Shepparton, Mooroopna and Tatura (53 per cent) with the remaining 47 per cent of the population residing in the surrounding rural areas, including the smaller townships of Murchison, Dookie, Merrigum, Congupna, Toolamba, Undera, Katandra and Tallygaroopna. This split reflects the wide range of lifestyle choices available across the municipality, from small urban blocks close to high-quality amenities, through to large working orchards and farms.